Plum Flower Creations incorporates a variety of materials into each piece, including semi-precious gemstones, shell, glass and precious and non precious metals. While many fashion and fine jewelry purchases can endure for several years, some pieces are not meant to last a lifetime. Some tips you can use to promote longevity for both your fashion and fine jewelry items are:
– keep jewelry away from lotion, water, perfume or other harsh chemicals as much as possible.
– limit wear in the pool or ocean.
– when not wearing your piece, keep it dry in a jewelry box or pouch.
– tarnishing on brass or silver items may occur and give these pieces a vintage look. If this look is not desired, simply polish gently with a polishing cloth to restore shine and luster.
– Gentle commercial jewelry cleaners for brass and silver are also a good idea if items become tarnished, however, an at-home remedy for tarnished brass is to cover it with ketchup, wait several minutes, rinse and dry. The sugar and acid components in the ketchup should remove any built up tarnish resulting from normal wear and tear. Toothpaste has also been known as an effective metal cleaner. Simply brush it gently onto the metal, rinse and dry off to restore luster.